Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Umm...>_< (Ideas and stuff!)

Last Tuesday I was at the Raven Rep. II show, so I missed the meeting.
This week I went by the LSC at 7, and did not find anything about the CDCC or anyone. I dont know if there was a meeting or not, but if there was, I missed out =(
That being said, I am ready to bring ideas to the table at the next meeting!

-I've given more thought to the video vignettes...Image play, sound play. Key word: sensory.
-Ideas for 3G. It would be a multi compositional peice, all stemmed at one point or theme...or none at all. It also has to do with vignettes...in a broad, looser sense. More elaboration on that at the meeting.
-A small Idea for ADMIX. It's not a full idea, more a random thought that may prove to be interesting. It has to do with candid photos, though this may just be tossed and melted with the indie submissions, or a monthly "editorial" article.
-The ADMIX Podium!!! Totally excited about that, and can't wait to get started! I might even bring sketches...

That's pretty much it. It will be elaborated upon at the next meeting. Im also working on the Raven Films info and interview, I just havn't had the chance to pull it all together yet. I still have a couple weeks though, so I will be working hard to have it for the next issue of ADMIX. I hope the new issue of ADMIX is great, and putting it together went smooth!
If there was a meeting tonight, please post up what was discussed on the blog! I really want to be kept up to date! I really need to get your phone numbers so I dont risk missing a meeting again! If you dont mind, please send me your phone numbers via facebook (in a private message of course!) so that I may contact you all when needed!

1 comment:

sarah said...

i think it's important that you pointed out that the key word is "sensory." my painting professor, martin, was talking about great film-makers that were first painters. he points out that their films are very visual - conscious of the effects of color and composition, etc. that can definitely be extended to all the other senses as well. in class, we were exposed to the work of teresa hubbard and alexander birchler through the art 21 series. we watched their video series "night shift," which i think used vignettes. here's a link to a website of their work: http://www.hubbardbirchler.net/works/
i'm looking forward to discussing all of this at our next meeting!